Head of Environmental, Safety & Health (ESH)_Sibiu Tehnic / Management
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu.
Check out your future responsibilities below:
- Support the business by leading all aspects of environment, work safety and health;
- Work closely with site leadership to ensure continuous improvement and compliance in ESH activities;
- Provide accurate reporting and analyze metrics to support business safety initiatives;
- Maintain and develop the necessary ESH standards to ensure the environmental, health and work safety of Continental personnel, visitors and contractors;
- Implement workplace audits and actively participate in the internal ESH audits organized by the corporate to identify work hazards and exposures and determine action plans for remediation;
- Involve in the planning and execution of investments in ESH area;
- Manage and mentor the ESH employees;
- Ensure site leadership and employees are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each ESH policy.
- Management/Leadership experience;
- Practical experience and/ or well-developed understanding of Environmental, Work Safety and Health practices, standards and general legislation and regulatory requirements with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment/ chemical production/food production;
- Understanding of local/UE related regulations policies and experience with ISO 14001, OHSAS_18001, ISO 50001;
- Proven ability to drive change in a complex organization;
- Project management skills;
- Strategic planning and execution;
- Risk assessment and reduction.
- Demonstrate a passion for developing others;
- Good communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal;
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Pay for Performance;
- Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
- Referral Bonus;
- Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
- Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
- Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
- Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
- Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
- Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
- Community Events;
- Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > 2.000 offers, >800 partners).
- Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
- Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
- Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
- Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD).
Continental Sibiu annually manufactures approximately 33 million electronic control units. The products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu include intelligent braking systems, driving assist systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case an obstacle is detected. In present, Continental Sibiu has approximately 4500 employees. Together, they combine their knowledge in software and hardware development, design and simulation experience, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes. Half of the Continental Sibiu employees work on the production line.
In the time frame 1999 - 2019, Continental invested about € 1.8 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation’s five business areas are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in one joint venture in Iasi and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed around 20.000 colleagues by the end of 2019, out of which a third are engineers and IT specialists working in the R&D centers.